Pages

Uberlibrariana


Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday: How do you eat?

Well, this was my week to get my eating under control, and I have to say I did pretty well. I kept my calories below 1900 every day (which was my goal), and I noticed a few trigger points:

* At night, when making dinner/cleaning up dinner/taking care of and juggling children- this is when I tend to shovel food in my mouth mindlessly. I did my best to be aware of it and avoid it...

* Measuring: I've been pouring chocolate chips into a bowl and eating them as a snack, telling myself it was one tablespoon. Um, once I actually got a tablespoon and measured it, I realized I have been eating a LOT of chocolate. So, for the jumbo semi-sweet chocolate chips that I like, 1 TBS is 15 pieces. I have been counting them out. 15 pieces = 80 calories.

Shakeology "Ice Cream" (yes I measured those chocolate chips)

* I haven't been drinking nearly enough water. On Monday last week, I made a real effort to drink 10 BIG glasses of water, and I noticed a difference. I felt better. I was "clearer". I peed a lot, but I did notice a difference. So, this is a very important discovery.

* The things that are easier to make are not as healthy. The things that are healthier take more time. Dang it. But, it does help to prepare foods in advance, like I did with this salad and chicken:
Yep, I eat my salad with a spoon. I can't be great at planning ALL the time..


My workouts went pretty well. I adjusted a little bit from the original plan, but kept it consistent:
Monday: P90X Ab Ripper X, Chest and Back; Run 2 miles
Tuesday: Accidental rest day (overslept)
Wednesday: P90X Ab Ripper X, Shoulders and Arms; Run 2 miles
Thursday: Turbofire Hiit 20 and Hiit 15
Friday: Run 2.25 miles
Saturday: P90X Ab Ripper X, Legs and Back
Sunday: Yoga (Tony Horton Fountain of Youth) (to make up for missing yoga earlier in the week)

I've also been experiencing some serious information overload regarding diet. Vegan, Raw, Paleo... everything seems to have a benefit. So, I think that's what I'm going to be talking about next week...

Thoughts?

8 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I mindlessly eat while cooking supper also. Yep and the chocolate chip thing is a killer. I just walk by and grab a "couple" which I think would be okay if I didn't do it so many times..oops :)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I NEVER drink enough water!!
(aka was mamarunsbarefoot)

Tony Van Helsing said...

With an intensive workout program like that are you sure 1900 calories daily is enough?

BabyWilt said...

The mindless eating just happens so easily it's scary. Once I logged all my "mindless" eating, I'm sure I forgot some off the list and it was just downright scary how many cals it totalled up to - I'd had a good full meals worth of calories and hadn't even noticed what had gone into my mouth. I plan ahead now to avoid it as well.

Unknown said...

I really loved point number 1 a lot. We often care what we eat for lunch, dinner but often miss out on what we eat involunturily!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Kristin said...

I couldn't help but notice we have similar interests. I found you @ The Baby Bottom Line as part of a Wed. Blog Hop. I'm your new follower. Please follow me @ http://westvistaurbanfarmschool.blogspot.com/
Can't wait to read more.

Calotren said...

Good pointer: I s'll try to drink more water. Thanks for the greatresource.