Pages

Uberlibrariana


Friday, May 27, 2011

High Five 5 Question Blog Hopping Random Awesomeness Friday!

It's a medium five.. but I'm really happy about my hair today..


Today I'm celebrating High Five Friday by participating in the following blog hop:



TGIF Blog Hop
So, if you're a new follower, WELCOME! Please leave a comment. I want to be friends!

Now, let's chat...

Random things I'm thinking about:
1. So, you know how I'm planning on doing the Whole30 challenge starting June 1? Well, the more I read and research, the more I want to start right now. Last night my husband made a feast- fajitas with whole wheat tortillas, black beans and rice. I ate the fajitas and the tortillas (with a little cheese) but I just couldn't bring myself to eat the beans and rice (however, I did bring myself to eat 2 cookies after dinner. I regretted it almost immediately). I'm not prepared though, so I'm not technically starting. May start Monday if I have time to prepare on Sunday...

2. I did some yoga-ish today: Chalene Johnson's Turbofire Stretch 40. 

(What is Turbofire? Here you go:)

My P90X recovery week has not been very P90X-like. I usually don't do it as prescribed. I have been running and doing yoga, and that's pretty much it. I enjoyed the Yoga-like workout so much this morning (despite the screaming baby during savasana) that I almost want to do another week... but I need to get back to my X Strength work. I do miss the pullups...

3. I want to start something today. After you read this, can you find one person around you that you can make smile? Go find them, find something genuinely nice you can compliment them about, give them a hug, tell them they are important (of course, this will all depend on how well you know the person). If it's a stranger, and you like their hair, tell them. If it's one of your kids, give them a hug and look straight into their eyes and tell them: "You are special. I love you." 

I just feel like we need to raise the happy-level of the planet right now. So, see what you can do :-) And here's some cuteness to help:




And now, 5 questions:

1. Do you speak a foreign language? If so, how well? On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being "What? I don't understand a word you're saying" to "Drop me off in the middle of the city where no one speaks anything but that language and I'll be just fine..."... I minored in French in college, but I haven't used it in a while. I'd love to get a chance to try. Right now the most I get to do is cataloging French music at work :-)

2. Dogs, cats, both or none? I'm a cat person, but I like dogs too (well, as long as they don't bite me..)

3. Do you like the TV on or off in the morning? I prefer total silence, but my husband likes "Morning Joe", so we end up watching that a lot... Sometimes it's "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse"...

4. Coffee, tea or neither? Me: Coffee. So. Much.

5. What was the last workout you did? Mine was the Yoga-ish workout this morning...

Now, go out there and have a WONDERFUL Friday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can speak very small amounts of german, I can figure out what they are saying by listening better than speaking. I like dogs and cats but I'm allergic to cats.

TV.. no we don't have cable so now I spend my mornings trying to spread blog love!

COFFEE!!!!!!!!

last workout.. spin

BabyWilt said...

1. I can speak Afrikaans quite well do if I were stuck in Holland and they spoke really slowly I could possibly get by.
2. Dogs but I love cats as well (never been allowed to have one, hubby just refuses!!)
3. TV on in the morning for the kids.
4. Coffee mostly
5. Body Pump yesterday

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I speak some Italian, I could get around but it would be awkward as I only know the present tense for verbs. I love Italy. Wish I could go back.
Cats for snuggling with a book, but dogs for running.
TV for the kids in the morning so I can catch up on blogworld
Both coffee in the am and tea in the pm
Bodyrock.tv yesterday and a 6 mile run.

NANCY said...

Hello!!! I hope you’re having a fantastic day!! I would like to make it even better by presenting you with the Versatile Blogger Award!!! To check out this prestigious award, check out my blog at: http://thatsoundslikecrazy.blogspot.com

Nancy

Lynda said...

Thank you for swinging by 2 Against 1 , be sure to start your week off right by linking up to the Magnificent Monday blog hop.
Following back now :)