High Five 5 Question Blog Hopping Random Awesomeness Friday!
It's a medium five.. but I'm really happy about my hair today..
Today I'm celebrating High Five Friday by participating in the following blog hop:
So, if you're a new follower, WELCOME! Please leave a comment. I want to be friends!
Now, let's chat...
Random things I'm thinking about:
1. So, you know how I'm planning on doing the Whole30 challenge starting June 1? Well, the more I read and research, the more I want to start right now. Last night my husband made a feast- fajitas with whole wheat tortillas, black beans and rice. I ate the fajitas and the tortillas (with a little cheese) but I just couldn't bring myself to eat the beans and rice (however, I did bring myself to eat 2 cookies after dinner. I regretted it almost immediately). I'm not prepared though, so I'm not technically starting. May start Monday if I have time to prepare on Sunday...
2. I did some yoga-ish today: Chalene Johnson's Turbofire Stretch 40.
(What is Turbofire? Here you go:)
My P90X recovery week has not been very P90X-like. I usually don't do it as prescribed. I have been running and doing yoga, and that's pretty much it. I enjoyed the Yoga-like workout so much this morning (despite the screaming baby during savasana) that I almost want to do another week... but I need to get back to my X Strength work. I do miss the pullups...
3. I want to start something today. After you read this, can you find one person around you that you can make smile? Go find them, find something genuinely nice you can compliment them about, give them a hug, tell them they are important (of course, this will all depend on how well you know the person). If it's a stranger, and you like their hair, tell them. If it's one of your kids, give them a hug and look straight into their eyes and tell them: "You are special. I love you."
I just feel like we need to raise the happy-level of the planet right now. So, see what you can do :-) And here's some cuteness to help:
And now, 5 questions:
1. Do you speak a foreign language? If so, how well? On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being "What? I don't understand a word you're saying" to "Drop me off in the middle of the city where no one speaks anything but that language and I'll be just fine..."... I minored in French in college, but I haven't used it in a while. I'd love to get a chance to try. Right now the most I get to do is cataloging French music at work :-)
2. Dogs, cats, both or none? I'm a cat person, but I like dogs too (well, as long as they don't bite me..)
3. Do you like the TV on or off in the morning? I prefer total silence, but my husband likes "Morning Joe", so we end up watching that a lot... Sometimes it's "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse"...
4. Coffee, tea or neither? Me: Coffee. So. Much.
5. What was the last workout you did? Mine was the Yoga-ish workout this morning...