Pages

Uberlibrariana


Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May Training Plan

So, it's already May 3, which makes me a little late in posting this, but I wanted to share what I've decided to do workout-wise for May.

At this point in my life, after training (AND COMPLETING) the Half, I feel like I only want to commit to one month of the same thing.

So, at the last minute (like, on MAY FIRST) I decided to do what I'm calling the:

P90X/Insanity/Running Hybrid!


In a shocking turn of a events, I even filmed this video on Day 1:


So, if you want to join in, or do something similar, here's what I'm doing:

Weeks 1 - 3:
Monday:
- P90X Ab Ripper X (I always do this first- makes it less likely I'll skip it!)
- P90X Chest and Back
- Run 2 miles- 3 miles (will work up the next few weeks)

Tuesday:
- Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Wednesday:
- P90X Ab Ripper X
- P90X Shoulders and Arms
- Run 2 miles- 3 miles

Thursday:
- Yoga (Either Tony's One on One Fountain of Youth- 40 minutes- or Eoin Finn's Pure and Simple Yoga- 40 minutes).
- Run 2 miles- 3 miles

Friday:
- P90X Ab Ripper X
- P90X Legs and Back

Saturday:
- 3 - 4 mile run

Sunday: 
- Rest or Stretch.

Week 4: 
I haven't figured out the specifics, but it will include running, yoga and P90X Core Synergistics...

So, that's May all planned out. What are your workout plans for this month? Do you have any goals you'd like to achieve by the end of the month?

Don't forget to stop by our Facebook page. There is a pull-up challenge going on, and a bunch of inspiration, discussion and motivation!

2 comments:

BabyWilt said...

That sounds like a great plan, I've watched the clips of P90X and Insanity and they look crazy. You have however motivated me to get a little more organised with workouts .... I'm feeling a "May Madness" post coming on :-)

RunningOnCoffee said...

My May goal is to beat my half marathon time from April 3rd. My new PR is 2:19, and on a hilly course-- so I can't wait to try to improve my time further on a flat course on May 22. I have my training planned out through that day, but not after.