Pages

Uberlibrariana


Thursday, February 10, 2011

"Run Fast for Your Mother"- Songs To Run To, 2/10/11

I was in a terrible mood today. It was a snow day. Work opened 2 hours late. The kids' daycare opened 2 hours late. Somehow we managed to get our internet and tv cut off. The mouse who's been living in our kitchen was caught in a mousetrap this morning, and I think died a slow and painful death, making me feel terrible...

I actually contemplated not running. I just was in such a bad mood. But, I went to the gym.

I told myself I needed to run on the treadmill and do some hills. I hate the treadmill (have I said this?). I secretly hoped they were all taken, so I would *have* to go to the track... no such luck.

So, I ran on the treadmill as long as I possibly could stand it:

Well, I didn't want to end my workout this way, so I went back to the track to run a mile. It was crowded but there were no rude 20 year olds organized teams practicing.
It was amazing how much easier running on the track was after the treadmill. I think I'm going to work like this more often, so I can be good at both (then do my "long" runs outside).

I took a picture of myself after my run. I was feeling so good, and I wanted to remember it. I guess I also wanted to see the veins popping out of my forehead:

Today's playlist:
"Dog Days Are Over" - dude, I am so obsessed with this song.
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow"- Oh man, I am not going to be able to spell the guy's name. You know. The Hawaiian guy.
"Fired"- Ben Folds
"Keep Holding On"- Avril Lavigne
"Better Days"- The Goo Goo Dolls

No comments: