I'm participating in a group, 31 Days to Build a Better Blog, and today's assignment is to compose an "Elevator Pitch".
What on earth is an "elevator pitch"?
Well, from what I understand, the elevator pitch should accomplish the following:
- Explain who I am
- Explain the focus of my blog
- Make you want to read more, and come back to read even more
- Do it all very concisely so as not to lose your interest!
You may not know this about me, but I love to talk about myself. So, I'm afraid my elevator pitch might end up about 4 pages long. This is my challenge. So, I'm asking myself "What is the focus of my blog?" "What am I trying to accomplish?"
I recently added the tagline: "Where fitness meets life." This seems to sum it up as simply as possible. I love talking about fitness, but often, life gets in the way.
So, back to my questions:
"What is the focus of my blog?"-
- I write about fitness, goals, parenting, and the challenges that come with trying to balance all of them.
"What am I trying to accomplish?"
- Accountability for myself
- Possibly help/inspire someone else
- Talk about myself a lot
- World domination (well, not really... )
- Networking/making friends/community
OK, so with all that in mind, how about this:
Uberlibrariana is the result of combining a librarian/fitness professional/mother. Watch as Sarah tries to excel in every way, sometimes falling short, but always trying to do so with a smile.