Saturday, February 5, 2011
Random Friday Things
This is the beautiful peppermint mocha that Past Sarah promised Future Sarah (now Current Sarah) last night if I got up at 3:45 to workout this morning. Now that I'm reading that again, it kind of sounds like I have multiple personalities, but I assure you, this is not the case :-)
Today's workout was supposed to be Turbofire, but my body kept telling me it needed yoga more (my mind too, I think). So, I had a lovely short, simple practice with Eoin Finn.... and my 5 month old daughter.
Looking back at the 5 months since I had my daughter, I'm a little disappointed at the whole "get back in shape" thing. Technically, I'm only about 10 pounds over my goal weight, but the main issues is my STOMACH.
I've come to the conclusion that nothing but TIME is going to return my stomach back to where it needs to be. I do probably need to work the core, just because it's still weak from the whole pregnancy experience, but I really think diet and exercise aren't going to get me where I need to be.
Looking back at this week, I did some things great and some things not so great. So, let's review:
- Planned all the meals for the week
- Worked out every day
- Had 2 good runs, 2 turbofire workouts, and yoga
- Made a to-do list every day
- Did not do any weight work except for the pull-ups and lat rows I did after my run at the gym on Tuesday. I am not going to get any better at pull-ups by not doing them.
- Even though I planned all the meals for the week, I didn't get yesterday's in the crock pot before work, so we came home to nothing. My husband made dinner and I ran around frantically trying to get everything done that has to get done every night: baths, put away clean laundry, empty dishwasher, feed baby, hold crying baby... So, by the time we ate, it was after 8:00... I didn't get to bed until 10:00 (which made 3:45 suck today).
- I had a great list of cleaning/organizing to do this week, and didn't get anything but the minimum done. Even then, I still couldn't find any clean underwear or socks for myself yesterday morning.
So, even though the "not-so-great" list is longer, I'm still going to call this week a success.