Pages

Uberlibrariana


Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Biking with Barbells, Running, Eating, Life

First of all- I saw this in the gym yesterday. Now, it's been a few years since I taught group cycle, but from what I remember, there were no barbells. Is there something I don't know about? Am I behind the times? What do you think?
While at the gym, I had a pretty nice 3 mile run. I really struggled with the first mile... but, knowing that I always struggle with the first mile, I am finding I can get through it.

I was tempted to run longer, but I've made a crazy plan to run 8 MILES on Friday, and I want to save some energy for that. I read somewhere that you shouldn't increase your weekly mileage by more than 10%, so I'm trying to keep it low...

I have also been doing better with eating, but there are still a few challenges. Is it just me, or is it really difficult to eat healthy AND eat frugally? Plus, all my son wants for dinner is "cheese. And a tortilla. And 2 pieces of cheese." (He wants to be sure he gets that cheese).

And, I'm being bombarded with stories of people who are hard core runners but who are ABOVE their ideal weight. This is discouraging. I passed the point of "working out JUST for weight loss" a long time ago, but I still fantasize about having one of those "runner's bodies". The more I read and learn, the more I have to accept that it's more about diet than exercise. Luckily, I enjoy exercise, and I do it for other reasons...

I woke up this morning at 4:00 am because it was the only chance I would have to workout. I really didn't want to. I didn't even give myself a peppermint mocha for it. But I did it, and I'm glad. However, I'm even more determined to get to sleep before 9:30 tonight...

Have a great day!

Sarah

P.S. Don't forget to enter the giveaway on my Facebook page!

2 comments:

Tat said...

You got up at 4 am for a work-out! You are an inspiration. Anyone who comes up with the 'I don't have time' excuse should read your post. Including me... I am going to bookmark it.

Stefanie D. said...

Wow, 4 a.m.! I am not that brave yet. LOL.