Pages

Uberlibrariana


Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Random Things Wednesday

Last night, my son (who is almost 4) turned to me and said: "Do you feed your baby food from a jar? You should feed him from the Baby Bullet." 



He then spent about 5 minutes telling me all the reasons we need a Baby Bullet.
This kid may have a future in sales.


"Would you like to order a Baby Bullet?"
However, I've wanted a Magic Bullet for forever, and it's still on my wishlist.

Yesterday I went to the gym to work legs. I have to admit, as awesome as I usually feel, I was intimidated in the weight room. There are 2 squat racks, and both were being used when I got there. First on my workout sheet was "Bodyweight Squats". Well, my bodyweight (last time I checked) was 143 pounds. I don't really feel confident that I could get back up if I did a full squat with that much weight on my back.

This could have been me. (Source)


Anyway, since both squat racks were being used, I kind of floundered around looking like a person who didn't know what she was doing in the gym. I eventually sucked it up and (gasp) went over to the Smith machine.

It's pretty safe to say I hate the Smith machine. One set of squats there and I vowed to never touch a Smith machine again.
This was not me. (Source)
 After floundering a little more, one of the squat racks was finally free, so I went over and did the next 2 sets of squats with a 65 pound barbell (which was quite enough, thank you very much).

I was the only female in the weight room, and I enjoyed listening to the *seemingly quite young* males and their silly banter. Overheard:

- "My one rep max is 206."
- "My one rep max is 270".
That was a fun little contest going on between them. Read into the subtext. I dare you.

Discussing some other guy they know: 
"Can he do [workout move whose name I can't remember]?"
"I don't know, man. He's like 30."

I resisted the urge to throw a heavy (for me) barbell at them and show them that I didn't roll over and die when I turned 30. SEVEN YEARS AGO.
Ernestine Shepherd could totally whoop their butts. (source)
In the meantime, I have that happy soreness that says "I got a good workout". I love it, but running may be challenging.

What's the craziest thing you've ever seen/overheard at the gym? 

1 comment:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

OMG I used to make fun of all the guys at the gym too walking around like they ruled the place. I would bop in work super hard and be out of there while they were still discussing how much to bench. Too funny