Pages

Uberlibrariana


Friday, August 12, 2011

High Five 5 Things Blog Hopping Friday of Awesomeness!

Happy High Five Friday! Here's your High Five!

Seriously- I can't believe it's Friday again. This week went by fast. Time didn't pass this quickly when I was younger. You know, before the Internet. When we didn't have cell phones. Or DVR. (Wow, I think I just aged 10 years while writing that).
"And we liked it!"

I'm participating in some awesome Friday hops today, so check them out. If you're new WELCOME! Please comment so I can follow you back! If you're NOT new, WELCOME to you too! I love everyone ;-)







Life As I See It [Fitness, Health and Happiness]

In the celebration of some horrifying foods I've recently learned about, I decided this weeks 5 things should be "5 Things You Should Probably Never Eat. Ever." You'll see:

1. Fried Butter

O.M.G.

So, this is the next new thing at the Iowa State Fair. I'm just horrified. 

2. The KFC Double Down/Krispy Kreme Sandwich
Source
So, the KFC Double Down is apparently two pieces of fried chicken (where bread would normally be), two different kinds of cheese, bacon, and the "special sauce"... In this monstrosity, a Krispy Kreme Donut is added to the outer layers (where bread should be... again). Holy moly. Please don't ever eat this.

3. Nutella Ice Cream Sandwiches
Really, I just included this one to make a point. Recently, a woman sued Nutella for not actually being as nutritious as the commercials would have you believe. I believe she lost. One of the points made was that you can spread a little Nutella on some whole grain bread and have a snack that's perfectly fine. It's just if you eat the entire jar or make Nutella Ice Cream Sandwiches- well, that's NOT healthy. So don't do it.

4. The Pork Parfait

The Pork Parfait consists of pulled pork, mashed potatoes and barbeque sauce. Ew.

5. Devil's Food Cake Mix

Now, I've got to admit: The rest of these were pretty disgusting to me. But this one, although it's outrageous, is a little tempting. Here are the details:

"A buttermilk cake using 2 Bags of Reeses topped with a frosting made from 1/2 cup of peanut butter, dark chocolate and heavy cream garnished with Reeses Peanut Butter Cups". (from here)

So, there you have it. 

Here's my question of the day: What is the most OUTRAGEOUS food item you've ever heard of? Should it be on this list?

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Cook.Clean.RUN.Dream said...

Hi! Just popped over from Fitness Friday Blog Hop. EIW .. FRIED BUTTER!! Could that sound anymore disgusting?

Hmm .. I think that Baconator Super Sized Combo from Wendy's sounds pretty gross! Sorry .. it's all I've got.. :o)

Courtney said...

I think that the KFC thing is probably one I consider to be pretty insane but also something from hardees but I cant even remember it.

it is crazy that people do really eat those things!

yep the last one looks pretty good but I am happy to say i am not huge on chocolate so maybe that would deter me!

Dina @ DinaRuns said...

Wow, I amazed that anyone would want to eat any of that stuff.

fancy nancy said...

Ok those all look so gross except the last one!!! Seriously who eats that stuff?!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

A pork parfait! Fried butter, what will they think of next? Thanks for sharing I think I am a little grossed out now :)

Elle said...

Oh that Nutella looks so good!

Yep, deep fried butter sounds pretty gross... actually most things that Paula Deen makes look pretty horrific to me!

Found you on Fitness Friday Blog Hop.

Enjoying your posts.

BabyWilt said...

"Devil's Food Cake Mix" ....... sorry but that looks divine, butter fried on the other hand = GROSS!!!

jillconyers said...

Fried butter? You've got to be kidding! That is disgusting. I thought fried twinkies were bad. Who eats this stuff?!?!

Fitness Freak said...

Mouthwatering, Control Control !!!!!!