Pages

Uberlibrariana


Sunday, January 1, 2012

First Run of the Year, and the Plan for January

I completed my first run of the year on Sunday- a 4 mile run outside. I really did not want to do it. I stalled and stalled. I went to the bathroom about 30 times before finally going outside. I just wasn't excited about doing it at all.

I planned to run 4/walk 1 just because I wasn't feeling my best, and that was the only way I could convince myself to get out there. ("You only have to run 4 minutes at a time! Piece of cake!").

It was quite a challenge. The weather was beautiful and I tried to focus on that. But honestly, every minute of running was a challenge. Even with the walk breaks (and they got way more frequent than every 4 minutes during the last mile), I still only added about 45 seconds a mile to my normal time.

Normally, when I run, and I see other runners, we always wave, smile or somehow acknowledge each other in a friendly way. Well, I saw 3 other runners, and none of them were friendly at all.

This is what the runners looked like. Maybe they were hungover.

I have to admit, when I see other runners, I run a little faster. I try to look a little more like Sydney Bristow running on Alias. It's totally an ego thing, but that isn't always bad- it can help push you a little more.



Anyway, I'm trying not to feel too badly about my run. I think I'm going to make it a goal to run the whole 4 miles by the end of the month. Once a week (probably Saturday, my normal "long" run day)(yes, "long" is back in quotes), I'll run a little longer and by the last Saturday of the month (which is January 28), I'll run the 4 miles without a break and see how I do. Hopefully I'll beat today's 40:32 time.

As for the rest of my workouts, I'll be starting my Pump Hybrid on Tuesday. This first week will be a little different, because I'm traveling on Monday.

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Pump/Run 2
Wednesday: P90X2 Core/Heavy Legs at gym
Thursday: Pump/Run 2-3
Friday: P90X Balance and Power
Saturday: "Long" run (3- 3.25 miles)
Sunday: Rest.

I'll get the other workouts for the month scheduled once I get home.

As I mentioned before, Monday I start working with Amy from Metabolic Mayhem Training for my nutrition. Did I mention I'm excited?
I look like this right now.


So, do you have a plan?

No comments: