Pages

Uberlibrariana


Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Les Mills Pump: How I'm Making it Work for Me


I posted last week that I started Les Mills Pump. I really like it, but I wanted to find a way to work it into the other things I wanted to be doing.

I want to continue working my legs heavy. I feel like I get the best results doing that. I also really want to keep working on pullups.

Also, I want to to Turbo- either Turbokick, Turbofire or Turbojam, since I'll be recertifying to teach Turbokick at the beginning of next month. (Oh, did I mention this? YAY!)


So, here's what I'm doing:

I aim for 4 lifting workouts each week: 2 upper and 2 lower.

For the lower body workouts, I do heavy legs at the gym.
For the upper body workouts, I do Pump.

Let me explain:

Each Pump workout divides the body parts into songs, or "tracks". For example: A squat track, a biceps track, a shoulder track.

There are two tracks in each Pump workout that focus entirely on lower body: The squat track, and the lunge track. During those tracks, I do pullups. I don't just constantly do them the whole time (good grief, that would be challenging).

But I do 5 pullups (assisted... for now), then walk around for about 60 seconds, and do another set.

There is one track that has back work and deadlifts. I go ahead and do that track, because I don't think it will hurt to do some light deadlifts.

So far, this is working great for me. I still have time to do Turbo and run, and I'm getting the lifting done that I want to do right now.

It just takes a little planning and flexibility (I think I have a theme going on here)...

No comments: