Pages

Uberlibrariana


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Counting My Blessings

I had a great run today, and during part of the run, I had no music, and just *thought*. Wow. That's something I rarely do. Just think. Meditate. So, I decided, rather than just report on my run (which ended up going pretty well in the end), I would count my blessings:

1. This girl is 6 months old today:
Holy moly. I know I'm her mother and biased, but dang! She's cute! I'm so blessed that she showed up- we weren't really expecting her and she was the best surprise ever. Well, besides this guy:

2. My little man:


He wasn't as much of a surprise. He kind of came along after I started to think, "Oh well. Guess it's not going to happen. Oh, wait, what's this? SURPRISE!" He made me a mommy, and he is the great love of my life. Well, besides this guy:

3. Baby Daddy/Love of My Life:
Yes, that's my man. I can't believe I got so lucky to have this guy and these two perfect children. Yeah, we have the issues that most families have... some mornings getting everyone out the door on time gives me Post Traumatic Stress... but overall, we have been blessed. 

But wait, there's more:

4. My training is going GREAT! 
I had a baby 6 months ago today, and I just ran almost 5 miles. I am within 10 pounds of my goal weight, and in a lot of ways, I think I'm physically stronger than before I got pregnant (I would have scoffed at running 5 miles, that's for sure). I'm pretty darn healthy for 37, if I may say so myself.

5. I have amazing friends:
Since I work full time and parent the rest of the time, I don't do much socially. But, I am so blessed to have a network of amazing friends with whom I keep in touch online. Many of them I've never even met in person, but I consider them my closest friends. These folks would do anything for me, and I for them. 

6. I love our church.
We were lucky enough a little over a year ago to find a church that is PERFECT for us. I really feel like it's home. I get to see everyone there once a week, and well, the rest of the week online (Have I mentioned how much I love the Internet?)

There's lots more, and I could go on. I'm thankful for coffee, warm beds, baths, Glee, my new Kettlebell.... but I'll go ahead and stop. 

I hope you'll consider posting a few of your blessings in the comments. I know it always helps me, no matter what kind of day I've had!

Have a blessed rest of the day!

Sarah

1 comment:

Kristie said...

posting here instead of today's post. #1 following you back. #2 love your blog. #3 i can't be your friend. you actually like kettlebells. LOL - i had to bow out of my new class due to bronchitis. hoping to get into it as soon as i can *breathe*. thanks for stopping by! (kristie)