Pages

Uberlibrariana


Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What's the plan, Stan?

I actually don't know anyone named "Stan", but it just sounds so much cooler than "What's the plan, Sarah?"

After discovering that I'm not superhuman enough to complete the hardest workout series ever put on DVD while training for a half marathon, working full time AND part time, and parenting ALL THE TIME.... I've decided I need to come up with a new plan.

I have Brazil Butt Lift coming to me. Now, this is a workout that I have avoided for a long time, primarily because I thought the name was silly. Also, in the infomercial they call Leandro the "Buttmaster" and I just couldn't think about that without snickering.

However, a couple of things have changed my mind:
1. Leandro is so darn cute. I met him at Summit and he was super nice.
2. Apparently, these workouts are actually quite challenging.
3. Hey, I'm kind of unhappy with my butt. There, I said it.

Plus, it's a lower body workout with light resistance, so I think it will go nice with running.

Since that program is not here yet, I'm doing kind of a "Recovery/Running week this week". Here's the plan for Monday - Friday:

Monday: 
- 30 minutes yoga
- 3 mile run

Tuesday:
- 30 minutes yoga
- Upper Body Something

Wednesday:
- 30 minutes yoga
- 3 mile run

Thursday:
- 30 minutes yoga
- Upper Body Something

Friday:
- 30 minutes yoga
- 4 mile run

So, that's the plan, and that's as far as I'm wanting to plan ahead :-)

I'll come up with a new plan that includes running, BBL, and some upper body work, once I get into the program.

So there.

(P.S. Next week I'll return to reviewing workouts. I'll be reviewing the Brazil Butt Lift workouts in the next few weeks!)

3 comments:

Test said...

Let me know what you think of this...I'm still planning on P90X this fall, but if I can afford something else to "prep" for it that would be great.

Tony Van Helsing said...

I could do with being as organised as you. I tend to go to the gym with no plan in mind and work until I'm knackered.

Dina @ DinaRuns said...

Buttmaster?! How can you not laugh?