Pages

Uberlibrariana


Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday: I like cheat meals...

Well, I don't think you can still say I'm doing a Whole30, because Friday night I decided to have a cheat meal. Pizza. Ice Cream. And, you know what?

Saturday morning I felt like crap. I felt hungover. Yuck.
Kind of like this... (found here).
One of my new mantras is: "Eating crap is punishment enough."

Most of the time, I've found eating this way to be really easy. Friday night, I was tired, it was Friday, I could barely function, and I just refused to cook. So I caved in on the pizza. (The ice cream was extra). After almost a week of no bread, no dairy, no crap.. it was rough.

So, I've decided, it's okay to have one meal a week when I give in to the crap I'm craving, but after a while (and several more mornings like Saturday morning), I'll probably stop craving them.

I'm proud of myself this week, though, because when I weighed I had LOST FIVE POUNDS! Let me say that again: LOST! FIVE! POUNDS! This takes me to 149- finally under the 150 mark (and it wasn't dehydration!) It's got to be the new way of eating....
It's a Christmas miracle...

I feel like I finally have traction when it comes to losing that last 10 pounds. 

Another awesome thing: Monday, I ran 3 miles on the track. I ran them in 28:34! Normally, I'm thrilled to make a 10 minute mile... this put me at something like 9:25...

I made a goofy video about it...


To summarize:

- I cheated just once, and I think it's psychologically beneficial (even if it's painful)
- I finally broke the weight loss plateau
- I ran fast
- I don't care if I look like a dork talking into my phone in public.

Really quick, before I let you go (and I'm so impressed if you are *still* here at this point...), here's what my week looked like:

Wednesday: Ran 25 minutes on the treadmill. Barely.
Thursday: P90X Back and Biceps, Ab Ripper X
Friday: Ran 25 minutes on the track
Saturday: Turbofire Stretch 40(Skipped P90X Legs and Back because of more hip flexor/back pain)
Sunday: Turbofire 55 EZ
Monday: P90X Chest Shoulders Triceps and Ab Ripper X
Tuesday: Turbofire 45 EZ

Have you reached some fitness/weight loss goals this week? Share in the comments..

4 comments:

Toliver Edge said...

Glad to see you're still at it!

I agree with you about paying for what you eat. My biggest thing is if I try and drink lots of sugary drinks after only drinking water for a long time, it just makes me feel like crap.

My advice to people wanting to get in shape is this: it only gets easier, so if you can make it the first few days/weeks/whatever, you should be fine.

BabyWilt said...

No great leaps for me this week ... well bar actually getting back to exercising, does that count ;-)

Well done, you have had an amazing week xx

Unknown said...

Thanks you guys for the comments and encouragement!

Toliver, I like what you have to say. Are you seeing these kinds of results with P90? In Beachbody we say, "Just push play"... in other words- just show up :-)

Lara: Good for you. Babysteps, right?

Tony Van Helsing said...

When you are putting in hours like that you need a cheat day once a week, you have to be realistic.