I hope you've had a wonderful week. My week was great. It's hot. Duh. It's June. I'm looking forward to a date night with my husband- we're going to watch a movie together that doesn't include any talking cars or animals...
Instead of 5 Questions, I thought I would list 5 goals. Since we are halfway through 2011, I wanted to set some goals for the end of the year.
So here they are:
1. Save up and pay cash for a car. I'm tired of being a one car family, and I refuse to take out a car loan. I want my very own "big girl car" (mainly so I can put a 13.1 sticker on it...oh, and get places and stuff). It doesn't have to be a fancy car. Just one I feel safe driving my kids around in...
2. Get recertified and start teaching group classes again. When I got pregnant at the beginning of 2007 and didn't want to get off my behind for 9 months, I stopped teaching and let all my certifications expire. Well, for the past year I've felt a very strong pull to teach again (even if it's in my own living room). So, I'm attending a Turbokick training locally in August and plan to start teaching again by the end of the year.
3. Run a 2:30 (or under) half marathon. I'm registered for 2 half marathons in the fall: The Nashville Women's Half in September, and the Murfreesboro Middle Half in October. At least one of these will be completed in less than 2 hours and 30 minutes (hopefully both!)
4. Reach my "goal weight". This is hard to define. I don't want to say a number, because it seems kind of arbitrary. Yes, seeing the numbers go down on the scale is important. It's valuable motivation, at least for me. But I want to see toned arms. Toned abs. I want to see my quads and my hamstrings. So, I don't know what weight that will be, but I'm confident I will be there by the end of the year.
5. Reach 1000 followerers on both this blog and Sarah Fitness. So tell your friends :-)
Do you have goals set for the rest of the year? You can share them here, or not, but I encourage you to write them down *somewhere*: It makes them more real!
Have a great Friday, and a great weekend!