Pages

Uberlibrariana


Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Work For It...

When I turned 16 (21 years ago. OMG.), I really wanted a car. We didn't have a lot of money, but I thought somehow my parents might figure out a way to get me one. But they didn't. I got a Nintendo (that my mom played most of the time). And, I got permission to drive my dad's car. But it wasn't until I turned 18 and went out and got a car myself that I had my own car.

This is not my actual car, but it looks like it. 1991 Plymouth Sundance.

I had friends who were given cars. I was a little jealous at first, but you know what? My car was even more awesome because I had to *WORK FOR IT*.

I was thinking about this a little today and how it applies to weight loss. I know women personally who have babies, and then in a month, they're back in their old jeans. I don't know if they do anything specific, but it seems (from my point of view) really effortless. I, however, had to kill it, constantly, both times I had kids.

Yeah, I'm jealous of those skinny girls- but I'm proud of myself, because I had to *WORK FOR IT*. It doesn't come easy. I have to watch what I eat CONSTANTLY. I swear (and this is only a slight exaggeration), all it takes is a couple of slices of pizza and some chocolate, and I'm up 5 pounds.

I work out like a crazy person. Yes, I love working out... most of the time (That's another post). But I do it, even when I don't feel like it. And I'm proud of the results.
Loving my arms right now.

I'm very proud of my triceps.. and the baby in the bathtub.


When I was a kid, I could not run. I had asthma. When I had to run in P.E. I got this weird cough that sounded like a dying duck, and all the kids would make fun of me. When I grew up, I wanted to start running. I tried and quit SO MANY TIMES. I'm still not anything resembling speedy... but I have gotten good at running. And, it's never been easy. I had to (say it with me): *WORK FOR IT*.




So I guess this is an encouragement for all those folks out there who feel like *nothing* comes easy. Just remember- the *easy* things aren't as meaningful as those things you've *WORKED FOR*!

What's something you've had to work for that makes you incredibly proud? It doesn't have to be fitness related...

4 comments:

April Westerhold said...

Love this post! I can so relate to the entire thing. I worked for my own car, worked my way through college, and I have to workout like crazy, too. You definitely appreciate things more when you put your own money, time, and effort into them.

april@Party of Five
http://www.westerhold.blogspot.com

BabyWilt said...

Somehow things are truly always sweeter when you've had to work for them, true story ;-)

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

This entire post resonates well with me, as I am in the same boat. Nothing came easy for me...and even though sometimes it really gets me down, it makes success that much sweeter!

PS Your guns are sweet!

Nicole said...

I'm new to your blog and I love this post!! I'm another that has had to work my butt off to lose baby (and lazy) weight, you do feel great because you worked for it!! I'm glad I found you, I look forward to following your posts.