Pages

Uberlibrariana


Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Turbofire Review Series: Fire 45


The following is part of series. For an introduction to the series as a whole, please see this post.
Turbofire Logo
Fire 45 Description:
This is quickly turning into one of my favorite and most used Turbofire workouts. It contains 3 Fire Drills: One is kind of early on, and then the last two are back to back repeats of the same one.
Some of the memorable songs include: Boom, I got your boyfriend!(which seems to be everyone’s favorite with this one), Wiggle It (Just a Little Bit) and Proud Mary (Tina Turner version) in the second and third Fire Drill.
Honestly, I wasn’t familiar with any of the other tunes in this workout, but I did enjoy the music quite a bit. Once again, the music and moves go together really well.
Difficulty:
This workout is really not too hard to learn. The choreography is pretty simple, in my opinion.
Intensity (from 1: laying on the couch to 10: I’m about to puke in a bucket):
I have been doing my Turbofire workouts low impact most of the time, since I alternate them with running and feel like I need a little rest. I found that this one is kind of hard to keep intense while still keeping it low impact. There are a lot of jacks, air jacks, and ski/runs. It’s hard to keep the intensity up on ski/runs while just marching. So, I feel like I get a pretty strong, solid, workout, but I don’t feel like it’s as intense. So, I’ll say for low impact modifications, it’s about a 5 -7, and those who go full out can probably edge close to 10 during the Fire Drills.
Other thoughts:
My favorite part (as I’m sure it is for most people) is the Boom I got your boyfriend section. The music and moves go perfectly together, and I find myself singing along. (I do these workouts most of the time with my baby daughter in her exer-saucer in front of me, so I tend to ham it up to keep her entertained!)
Stay tuned for more reviews, and if you have done any of these workouts, please add your thoughts..
To your health,
Sarah
Find me on Facebook!
(Originally published 1/25/2011)

4 comments:

Clayton Thomas said...

Hey, first time here.

I think you've got me outworked. 45 minutes on an elliptical and I'm done!!! All the best though!

Clay

http://tantrumstroublesandtreasures.blogspot.com/2011/01/competing-for-mama_26.html

Unknown said...

Ha ha! Thanks for the visit!

Quirky Homemaker said...

Never heard of Turbofire! I'll have to look it up. Following from a Mommy Blog Hop
Michelle
http://www.heartfeltbalancehandmadelife.blogspot.com

DP said...

I'm your newest follower. Hope you will check my blog out and follow back!

-DP
Hip Chick's Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, and Babies