Pages

Uberlibrariana


Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Elusive 4-miler!



I know I am capable of running 4 miles. I really am. But, I have had a 4 mile run on my calendar for weeks, and have yet to accomplish it. Let’s review:

Saturday, January 8: It snowed and was very windy. I don’t have any of those fancy winter underwear things, so I was hesitant to run outside. I tried to run on the treadmill, and had a terrible run that only lasted about .5 miles before I gave up.

Saturday, January 15: After a week off due to snow, ice, and coughing, I skipped the run this day because I was still feeling yucky.

Saturday, January 22: I am bitten by a dog after 1.5 miles.

Today I had wanted to do a 4 miler at the track, but I had a hard time. I am tired, my leg is still sore, and I’m generally just not at the top of my game. Plus, I could barely stand the track today…

[Going off track - get it?-here to complain about the track:

I am all for people going to the gym and getting healthy. I love this. Please, go to the gym and do something for yourself. But learn the rules of the track first. 1. Everyone goes in the SAME DIRECTION! 2. Do not walk slowly side by side! 3. The outside lane is for running! 4. When you pass someone, please don't try to cut them off.

At least no one tried to bite me though... okay, back to the post...]

What is the block I have? Why can’t I just run 4 miles? It’s not that long… Good grief…..

So, today I did about 2.5 miles. I decided to save the 4 miler for later in the week. But, it will happen before the end of this month! Preferably outside. Without blood.

And when it happens, you’ll hear it here first. There will be great rejoicing!

To your health,

Sarah

Find me on Facebook!

(Originally published 1/24/2011)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Wow - you're having a rough time ;)
Stopping by from Bloggy Moms to follow you on GFC and Networked Blogs - Please visit me and do the same :)
Take care,
Tracy @ www.havingfunsaving.com