- "NSync's Pop really is a fun song."
- "I don't think I'm going to make it through the entire 8 miles."
- "I should just quit at 3 miles."
- "Oh no! That dog looks just like the dog that bit me. What if they got the wrong dog? Is that the same dog? Is it going to bite me? That was an $800 hospital bill. Should I keep running. I know, I'll turn and yell at it. There, that seemed to work, and I'm sure the neighbors don't think I'm a crazy person at all.."
- "I am going to have such a sexy sock tan..."
- "Who came up with the idea to run long distances? That's crazy."
- "Dang, that blog post about excuses is going to be hard. Those people are throwing some crazy excuses at me (watch for the post tomorrow)."
- "When this race is over I'm going back to no more than 4 miles at a time."
- "I ran out of water. Again."
In the end, I made it 6.46 miles and just had to stop. I think it was a combination of being sick this week and running late in the day after the kids wore me down a bit.
I know I will make it through the race. The excitement will help push me through. But, I'm going to get the time goal of 2:30 out of my head. I just want to finish. This way, when I run the Women's Half in September, surely it will be a PR :-)