Pages

Uberlibrariana


Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sticky

If today had a word, that word would be "Sticky". From the moment I woke up, it seemed everything I touched was yucky, slimy, oily or otherwise sticky.

I decided to do my weight workout at home today. Rather than do band lat pulldowns, I like to practice my pullups. Now, I don't do unassisted pullups yet. Right now, I do negatives. So I hop up and hold myself up at the top as long as I can, then lower as slowly as I can. These are surprisingly effective... and if I did them more than once a week, I might make some progress.

Anyway, I got my pullup bar out of the workout supply closet (which also happens to be the air conditioner closet)...
This is my pull up bar, when not in use or in the AC Closet.
There was some kind of *OIL* all over it. Gross. I don't know what it was, and you'd think I would have checked the air conditioner to see if it was leaking, but I didn't. I was just so focused on my workout. But, even with gloves, that oiliness was challenging... and a little slippery...

After my workout, I packed up my lunch. I have a million baby food jars that, for some reason, we washed and saved. I've found they are just about the right size for one scoop of protein powder:

Yum. Protein powder.
When I unpacked my lunch, however, the protein powder jars were STICKY, like they had spilled and mixed with something else. Except I couldn't tell what was leaking. Gross.

Other fun sticky episodes occurred throughout the day:

I packed my daughter's bottles up, and as soon as I took the lid off, sticky milk came flooding out on my pants. Awesome.

Something was sticky at the gym. That's all I'm going to say about that.

I remember as a teenager, I used to babysit a lot. I noticed that all the houses where I babysat (with small children) were always "sticky". I guess that is just part of it. I guess for the next few years, at least, I should get used to "sticky". Although, I'm not really sure what's up with the air conditioner...

1 comment:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I hate those kind of days! At least your protein powder stayed in the jar!