Anyway, life has thrown me a little bit of a curve ball.
Remember how this summer I was in absolutely great shape. I actually would venture to say I was in the "Best Shape of My Life" (and I think I did, which was one way to tempt fate a little).
|"I am in the best shape of my life! Look at the delt veins!"|
|"Woohoo! I'm looking good!"|
Then I started the Whole30 and CrossFit. I was on top of the world. New job, new town, new way of eating, new workouts....
Well, I got a little surprise....
Here are some of the things that have been going on:
- Nausea. I'm not one of those ladies who loses 10 pounds in the first trimester. I get the kind of nausea that only eating crap can fix. So I've been eating crap for a month, and have gained 10 pounds.
- Tired. I can't believe I'm about to say it, but I have absolutely no interest in working out. None. I gave it a good effort for a while, but for the past 2 weeks or so, I'm really having to push it. If it comes to a choice between sleeping and working out, I'm sleeping.
So my new goals are:
- Survive until May 13-ish, and then probably never sleep again.
- Gain less than 40 pounds.
- Get back to a more regular workout schedule sometime in the next few weeks.
- Keep going to CrossFit twice a week
- Get that diet under control once the nausea stops demanding I eat CheezIts all the time.
Every pregnancy I try to do a little better. So, maybe this will be the one where I finally get it perfect, right?
(*I should add that once I got over the initial shock, in all seriousness, I am quite happy. Every baby is a blessing, even the ones who were the surprise of your life...)