Pages

Uberlibrariana


Monday, October 22, 2012

Week 11: Still pregnant. Still a bit punchy

Something funny happened to me over the weekend. I started to feel better.

Well, let me correct myself.... Saturday I did NOT feel great, but there were a number of factors involved:

- I was unable to pry myself out of bed to workout (or do much of anything) before the kids woke up, so I woke up frazzled with their demands starting before I even went to the bathroom...

- My husband was playing at an outdoor Jazz fest and wanted me to bring the kids... so I got them ready (which is always a special experience) and carried them there, parked in an odd place, walked a really long way, then tried to get them to sit still for an hour. In the Texas heat.

- I felt like I was going to throw up pretty much the entire time, and I also needed to pee, but couldn't figure out a way to get all three of us into a port-o-potty, so I just did my best to ignore it.

After my husband's set was over, we agreed to go to a restaurant. My hunger/fatigue/nausea/bladder issues led me to dive into the bread and butter offered to us (once I had gone to the bathroom, of course). I also had bacon cheese burger. And it was really good.

After this, everyone had to have a shower. I couldn't believe some of the sticky stuff on my two year old. It's probably better that I didn't know what it was. But then we laid down for a nap. I was pretty miserable at this point (so hot, so tired...)

Then for dinner, I made frozen banana ice cream :-) I figured that made up for the burger. At least a little.

Sunday, however, I woke up feeling great. I was motivated to clean. I got to the things on my to-do list. I cleaned the garbage out of my car. I cleaned the heck out of the hall bathroom. I threw away 2 garbage bags full of paper. I read some of my book. It was a miracle.

I also noticed that my belly didn't feel as huge as it had been. It wasn't hard like it was the past few weeks. The only thing I can think of is maybe some of the awful pregnant bloaty-ness has gone away.

But today (Monday) it continued (for the most part). I did have some episodes of nausea, but for the most part I had energy and was able to function without feeling like my mind was in a cloud.

So, I'm hoping it will be like this for a while. I'm hoping to get back on track with nutrition and slow down some of the weight gain. In fact, today I weighed at the gym, and I have lost 2 pounds! Now I weigh in at 148. Much more reasonable, right?

Anyway, here are some Week 11 pics:
The belly hasn't grown too much, and I still have delts so WIN.
Also, ignore the look on my face, because I swear I saw a vein.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I swear it was the weekend from hell for me too. I am 1 week a head of you, but friday and sat where a waste of time. Sunday came and I took a long 2.5 mile much needed walk. I hope today was great for you too. Maybe our 2nd trimester is kicking in full swing. You look fantastic .