Pages

Uberlibrariana


Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday Fun and Facebook Follows...

I used to look forward to the weekends. Then, for a while, before I had kids, the weekends became work time (I was a church musician), so they didn't mean as much.  Then I had kids, and the days just blended together. But, I'm getting to where I look forward to them again. Here are some of the positives of an upcoming weekend:

1. Kids don't have to do baths and rush to get in bed as early Friday night. I don't have to wake up at 3:45, so there's even a chance I may outlast both kids and have some "me" time.
2. Saturday is "long" run day.
3. I make a huge to-do list for the house, and do as much of it as I can over the weekend. I look forward to this.
4. The possibility of a nap both Saturday and Sunday (if I can convince the kids).
5. Church (I love our church).

So, just writing this is getting me all excited.

I also love "Facebook Follow Friday". I've made all kinds of new friends doing this. So, I hope you'll stop by my page, Sarah Fitness, and "like" me. I try to keep it interesting over there...




I wanted to take a moment and talk about my morning, as well. This is one of those, "Best laid plans..." moments...

I set my alarm for 3:45, then laughed at it when it went off, and snoozed until 4:30. This means no peppermint mocha for me (the rule is if I get up at 3:45 I get a peppermint mocha).

By the time I was awake and ready to get out of bed, my 5 month old daughter was also ready. So, off we went.

Upon our arrival to the kitchen, we noticed the cat had knocked over our homemade salad dressing. It was all over the floor, and a strange oil/vinegar smell was everywhere.

So, I cleaned that up, and fed the baby a bottle, and by the time I could work out, it was 5:30. All I had time to do was 30 minutes, so I did Turbofire Fire 30. (Something is always better than nothing!)

I guess my point is this: I may not always be able to do what I planned, but I do always try to do SOMETHING.

I hope you have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!

Sarah

No comments: