Pages

Uberlibrariana


Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Running and Me: On a Break.

Source


I made a decision. I've decided to just stop running.

I have fought with running for years. It's never been easy. I have glorious running moments that keep me coming back. I have days when I think running is the best thing that ever happened to me.

But I have given myself permission to run less... well, actually NONE.

Here's the deal:

Running did not get me the body I wanted. Weightlifting is getting me the body I want.
In my current plan, I get 2 steady state cardio sessions per week. I want to do something fun.

I have discovered that I love love LOVE dancing. So I'm taking a Zumba class Thursday nights (The gal who teaches the class I'm taking is AWESOME!) I'm also spending time doing Turbokick and Hip Hop Hustle. I'm getting something from this type of cardio that I don't get from running. I'm not training for anything. I'm not "putting in miles". I'm just having fun.
Source

Now, I'm not going to be dramatic and say, "I'll never run again!" I may decide to run again. Running will be there when and if I'm ready. I'm cool with that.

Life is too short to do things that aren't fun.

I haz a happee!


No comments: