Shortly after arriving in Corpus Christi, at the end of my first week of work, I took this picture on my first day back in the gym. It was August 24:
So, yesterday at the gym, I was wearing the same Flag nor Fail tank. And took this picture:
In other, random, not at all organized news:
- I think the "All or nothing" of the Whole 30 may be too much for me. I found myself completely losing it last Friday and eating 2 cupcakes with chocolate frosting in the break room. Some people commended the fact that I stopped at 2 cupcakes. However, this was only because there were only 2 left.
I've been back on track but I think I need to eat like this *most* of the time, and then allow for a weekly deviation. Psychologically that's what has worked in the past. If I know I get pizza on Friday night, I can stay on plan for every other meal of the week. So we'll see...
- I got sick this week, and messed up my "back on track" workout schedule. Again. It knocked me out for a good 2 days. Thankfully I was able to do some weight training on Thursday, and a Les Mills Combat 30 minute workout on Friday. Again: One day at a time.
- Next week I'm going to Seattle to do librarian things. I'm a little nervous. I'm not a good traveler. I am, however, very excited about sleeping in a bed by myself for three nights.
- I'm torn between counting the days until I get my body back, and worrying about what my life will be like once the baby is here. Having been the parent of a newborn twice before, I know the worst of it. However, I have never had 3 children at once before. I also don't know where I'm going to put the baby in my car (which btw needs $300 new rotors. More money I need to pull out of thin air. Yay!), what my maternity leave will be like, where the kids will be in daycare, and how I will ever sleep again. My dear friend Adrian, who recently had her third child, keeps telling me how horrible it is "so you can be prepared", but honestly, it's just freaking me out.
- I turn 39 next month. I have a whole different set of issues with that that will probably merit the creation of a post of its own.
So, that's the news. I'm way too busy and incoherent these days to write a well thought out and organized blog post with a thesis statement. So this is what we get. Happy weekend!